Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday Folder 12/2/14

After a two-week hiatus, the Tuesday Folder is back in a new format. I was fortunate to travel to Kansas City and spend a day at the Blue Valley CAPS program two weeks ago, and last week you all were on a well-deserved break.
A friend of mine suggested I turn this into a blog. Great idea, and one I wish I'd thought of myself. Blogging allows for embedded links to external content, videos and facilitates collaboration. Explore, comment, and suggest improvements.

Wednesday Walk Through


It was a pleasure to spend time at Apple Glen and Washington on my first Wednesday Walk About. I enjoyed talking with Ms. Dewey and her 3rd graders about using their laptops to create stories using Lego Story Starter. Pretty amazing. I also marveled at the library! What a great place to curl up and explore a book. I can't wait to get back and see how Ms. Stringfield is using iPads in music class.
A walk through Washington is always interesting. I learn more from work displayed on the walls than I did when I was in junior high. I found Mr. Matthews' Gateway to Technology studio/laboratory/classroom/technology center. Whoa! Talk about an engaging environment for learning. This week I plan to visit BHS North Building and see what Mu Sigma is all about. Should be interesting.

Events


There's can in there too!
Know a vendor?
Willing to hold a quick, canned food drive next week?
Have a club ready to step up and participate?
You know who to call.

Next week is Computer Science Education Week. It's not too late to sign up to host an Hour of Code for your building or in specific classrooms. This year they've added a Frozen themed set of lessons. I would like to do a Minute with Mike video next Wednesday afternoon at a building that is participating. If you're interested let me know.

If you have an event that needs promotion, or an idea that shows how #bpsmorethanascore let me know. If we don't tell our story, someone else will. We need to define the conversation before the conversation defines us.


Gratitude



I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your patience, support, and guidance over the past 4 months. I truly appreciate the opportunities to learn I've experienced and know that there will be countless more to come. I appreciate your leadership. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment